Eleanor McLean (she/her) is a British multidisciplinary artist currently based in London. She is a Fine Art graduate from UCA Farnham and MA Sculpture graduate from the RCA.
2020 – 2022. MA Sculpture, Royal College of Art, London.
2017 – 2020. BA Fine Art, University for the Creative Arts, Farnham – (first class honours)
2016 – 17. UCL Art and Design Foundation Diploma, University for the Creative Arts, Farnham.
– August 5th – 12th 2020 : Patio Project, cur. Georgia Stephenson, London.
Selected Group Exhibitions
– Pure Class, RCA Working Class Collective (member), St. Johns Bethnal Green, London.
– RCA 2022 Degree show, Battersea South.
– Lapped Seams and Silver Linings, Standpoint Gallery, London
– Too Much Fruit, Take courage gallery, Amersham Arms, London
– We Wont Stop Showing, SET projects, London
– What do we know (anyway?) Bloc Projects, Sheffield, cur. JJ Chan
– First Impressions, SafeHouse 2, Maverick projects, London
– Film screening, Motion Sickness project space, Cambridge.
– When Our Lips Speak Together, cur. Josephine Rock, James Hockey Gallery, Farnham
2022 : Prick and Stitch Alliance, Standpoint Gallery, London
2018 : ‘Poppy Appeal’ public art banner for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Women’s Society and permanent collection of Farnham Council offices.
2018 – 2020 : Black Box project space team member, UCA Farnham.
[A student run exhibition space where we receive submissions and curate shows, hold fundraisers and arrange artist talks.]
2019 : Domestic Disharmony, Unify Project space, Farnha
Press / Publications
(2021) Screening Sculptures, Dreams of Flying, Ladies Drawing club. June 2021 [https://ladiesdrawingclub.com/eleanor-mclean/]
(2021) Proxyerotics, ARC Magazine, June 2021 [https://arcmagazine.org/2021/stretch-dispersed-bodies.html]
(2020) Gravy Zine, May 2020. [https://indd.adobe.com/view/6493dc9b-faf8-46fa-a313-e9c7e2f30f4a]
(2020) ‘Penny Thoughts issue 33′, Snitches Publishes, March 2020.
Permanent collection: Farnham council offices.